Meeting Programs – 2018
January 9th- bring a bag you have made, for ideas for a future class. We’ll vote on them and decide which one will be a class. If you are uncomfortable teaching a class we will make arrangements for someone else to teach it.
January 23rd- Joanne Shropshire will do a trunk show for the Modern Dresden pattern.
- January 24th-All day class for those who sign up only for Modern Dresden. Class fee is $25 payable to BQ; the pattern is $6, the day of class, paid to the teacher.
February 13th- BQ member will demo how to de-bone a man’s shirt to capture the most fabric. You will need to bring a pair of sharp scissors, seam ripper and a 100% cotton men’s shirt (think thrift store)
February 27th- Panels with Pizazz taught by Nancy Horsley
- supply list: Panels with Pizazz
March 13th- demo after meeting: English Paper Piecing by Parker Chiudioni
- materials needed: (this is handwork) : needle, thread, 3 1/2″ square of fabric
March 27th- Community Outreach Sew Day- baby quilts
April 10th- Big Stitch Quilting Demo : April 10 Big Stitch Demo
April 24th- Speaker: Donna Royson: My Quilting Journey trunk show
- April 25th full day class: Give it a Whirl: Whirlygigs
- Donna Royson – GIVE IT A WHIRL Supplies and Pre cut instructions (1)
- UPDATE: Light background yardage -please increase yardage needed from 2 1/2 yards to 3 yards IF you cut the 6 strips of binding in your prep cutting. IF you do NOT cut the binding, you can use 2 1/2 yards.
May 8th Fold Over Bag Part 1. Materials list here: PLEASE precut your fabric BEFORE the class! We won’t room or time for cutting during the class! Go-and-Grow-Bag_FoldoverBag
May 22nd BQU – Day 1
June 12th Fold Over Bag Part 2 (see May 8 for link)
- ABC Quilt Challenge due-voting will take place after the business meeting.
June 26th Community Outreach Sew Day- Baby Quilts
July 10th English Paper Piecing demo after the meeting by Parker -this is a reschedule from earlier in the year. Please see March 13th for supply list!
July 24th Speaker: Catherine Redford: Language of Flowers: Trunk Show on 24th with a 3-hour workshop in the afternoon: Walking Foot Quilting: Beyond the Ditch
August 14th TBD- Stephanie Milano
August 28th Community Outreach Sew Day- VA Lap/Wheelchair quilts
September 11th Raffle Quilt Sewing Day
September 25th BQU- Day 2
October 9th Mary Devine: Stuffed Pumpkins
October 23rd: Annette Ornelas will be our speaker / teacher. The lecture / trunk show Dimensional curved piecing or peeled- back patchwork.
- October 24th class will be a Mexican Stars Wallhanging.
November 13th Pink Sand Beach Zipper Bag Part 1
- Challenge Christmas Stockings due
November 27th Pink Sand Beach Zipper Bag Part 2
December 11th- Christmas Luncheon with Raffle Quilt draw!