Brunswick Quilters University – 2018
Spring Coordinator: Kim Brandt
Brunswick Quilters University (BQU) is our guild’s annual event where members both teach and attend a wide variety of classes.
The Spring session of Brunswick Quilters University (BQU) will be held on Tuesday, May 22nd. There will be morning and afternoons sessions with opportunities to learn a variety of skills and create projects. Supply lists will be provided shortly. Classes start at 9 a.m. and then will break for lunch and continue in the afternoon, ending approx by 3 p.m. There is no charge for this event other than supplies you will need to purchase for whatever class you take.
This year’s schedule will include six offerings. All are available for morning OR afternoon classes EXCEPT the Christmas/Easter Egg class which will be a MORNING only
Hashtag Block for table runner or quilt: Marji Carano
Christmas balls/Easter Eggs: Rita Raney
Towel/Bag Project: Diana Loller
Dogbone Neck Pillow: Lorelei Hauptmann
Card Trick Block: Kathy Elliot
Needle Punch Technique: Vicki Dangerfield
Fabric Bowl: Parker Chiudioni
Please bring your lunch and any additional snacks. Snacks to share and/or sweet treats to share are always appreciated!
The Scissor Man will be available from 11:30-1:30 to sharpen scissors. The charge is about $6 a pair and will be done right there.
Here are some things to keep in mind for this year’s BQU:
– sign up was held in April and early May. . If you did not sign up, but are still interested in attending, contact BQU Coordinator Kim Brandt for class availability.
– show up… if you signed up for a class, please show up. If you can no longer attend, please let BQU Coordinator know in advance.
– be on time … the morning class starts at 9am and the afternoon class starts at 12:15. You are asked to be in your seat with your sewing materials set up by that time.
– bring an extension cord if you have one
– bring your lunch … there is a 45-minute lunch break @ 11:30. Water will be provided. Anyone is welcome to bring an additional snack or dessert (cookies, brownies, etc) to share.
– there will be an open sewing room. You can come and sew your own projects. You do not have to be attending BQU to come and sew
– supply lists have been posted under each class for you to print off and prepare.
– project instructions will be distributed to class attendees during BQU. Instructions for all projects will be posted under the appropriate class (on this page) once BQU has concluded.
– if you have any questions or suggestions to make this event even better next year, please contact BQU Coordinator